How to prepare for large-scale restructuring
A guide on how to put your people first during a restructure
As a HR professional, there are various factors you will need to consider when scenario planning for large-scale restructuring programmes. We explore how to put your people at the heart of such a complex programme in order to deliver best practice and minimise risk.
In this guide you will find:
- The building blocks of a restructuring project.
- 10 steps for HR professionals to consider when handling a large-scale restructure.
- A full list of key HR activities to think about throughout a restructuring programme.
- Suggested support for different stakeholders involved in the process.
- Best practice in managing large-scale restructuring programmes.
- The key risks and ways to mitigate to help deliver a smooth process.
“Projects are 4-5 times more likely to be completed on schedule when change support is excellent”
Why is it important people are at the heart of a restructuring programme?
90% of employees felt disappointment, anger and frustration towards their employer when made redundant.
Projects are 4-5 times more likely to be completed on schedule when change support is excellent.
55% of workers experience chronic stress when going through a period of significant change and uncertainty.
41% of employees felt extremely worried when finding out their role was being made redundant.
Lee Hecht Harrison helps companies transform their leaders and workforce so they can accelerate performance.
In an era of continuous change, successfully transforming your workforce depends on how well companies and their people embrace, navigate, and lead change within the organization and their careers. At Lee Hecht Harrison we use our expertise in talent development and transition to deliver tailored solutions that help our clients transform their leaders and workforce so they have the people and culture they need to evolve and grow. We are passionate about making a difference in people’s careers and building better leaders so our clients can build a strong employer brand.